Wednesday 31 March 2010

CANDLE FACTORY & ICE CREAM FARM

I was struggling with ideas of where to go for a family outing on Wednesday afternoon and was given a few suggestions after my SOS on Facebook.

We decided to go to the Candle Factory at Burwardsley and then afterwards onto Cheshire Ice Cream farm at Tattenhall. Luke is at the age now where he gets excited about surprises and the journey was a real adventure. He loved looking out for Beeston & Peckforton Castles so I'm guessing we will be venturing out there again in the Summer.

The Candle Factory was buzzing with children all doing different activities, pottery painting, decorating wooden spoons, making badges, fridge magnets and rulers. Luke was spoilt for choice and was so in awe of it all that he decided he didn't want to make 'nuffing'. We went downstairs to watch the candle making but again, Luke wasn't interested in making one. He spent the morning at nursery making Easter Crafts and I think he was activitied out! I've never pushed him into anything he doesn't want to do, believe me its not worth it with such a strong-willed toddler!

Onwards to the Ice Cream Farm, this is much more Luke's scene and Mark's too! We had a quick look round the petting zoo and then into the shop to buy our ice cream. As I have given up chocolate for Lent, I had to abstain from my usual 'Ferrero Rocher' with chocolate waffle cone and settled for Strawberry cheesecake, it was delicious but just not the same. There is now an indoor play area here too which was opened last year, a great place for adults to chat and children to play. It is a frequent meeting place for myself and my old schoolfriends as they are all Tarporley based. I am looking forward to going back in the Summer for my Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream!

Entry is free for both of these attractions. For more information go to:- http://www.cheshirefarmicecream.co.uk/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream for everyone!