Friday 9 April 2010

SCHOOL HOLIDAY FUN

The Backdrop at the Palms Tropical, Stapeley Water Gardens

I've really enjoyed the Easter Holidays but it has gone way too fast. Most of my friends have school age children so it is the time when I get to catch up with them all. Every day of the school holidays is filled with playdates.

We have been to the Palms at Stapeley, Playworld in Shavington, visiting friends at home and been visited. Its been hectic, costly but most of all enjoyable.

Luke never gets much time to chill at home but after some good advice I make sure I get home around 5pm for him to have his tea then a sit down and cuddle in front of the tv before bed. At one time, I was filling his days with all different activities and dragging him along to all my classes, when sometimes he just needed to relax. Now that Luke can voice his own opinion (at 2 years and 11 months!) I do give him choices and if he is insistent he doesn't want to go somewhere or do something I listen to him.
It is something I had to learn the hard way with some very difficult times but we seem to be a lot more contented. I'm hoping we've managed to find a happy medium now.

No comments: