Monday 1 August 2011

COUNTDOWN TO SCHOOL




Luke finished pre-school the day before we jetted off to not so sunny Majorca, I had been feeling emotional all day as I hate saying Goodbye and knew I would shed a tear. It was very sad saying goodbye to the staff especially as Luke has been there since he was 9 months old.

Since returning from holiday, it has suddenly hit me that Luke will not be going to pre-school anymore and he is going to 'Big school' in September. I am making the most of my time with him during August and have put big crosses in my diary on Mondays and Thursdays to enjoy days out and 'Mummy Days'.

Today, was one of our so-called 'Mummy Days', we started the day by baking a Honey Tea Loaf, then we headed over to Nantwich Lake with the picnic bag and a ball for Fizz, (the dog) and then fed the ducks. We had a lovely couple of hours and even taught Luke how to play Pooh Sticks, which he was totally obsessed with and has collected a number of sticks to play another day.

I'm going to miss him like crazy when he goes to school, I'm filling up now just thinking about it!

No comments: