Monday 15 April 2013

EASTER BREAK

                                    
(Luke and his friend Lewis at Nantwich Museum Easter Crafts Day)

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter break, I dropped a reluctant boy off at school this morning but after having 2 weeks off, who could blame him? I managed to have Good Friday and Easter Sunday off to be a mummy and a wife, it was bliss.

On Good Friday, we visited the Reaseheath Zoo for the first time, it was a great way to spend a couple of hours and there were more animals than we expected. My favourite had to be the meercats.

Easter Saturday, I entertained over 50 children at 3 parties, it was a challenge getting between each party but  I managed it and the reward is always seeing the children's happy faces. I really do have the best job in the world, I mean, who else manages to do the Gangnam Style 3 times a day in public?!

Nantwich is host to the Jazz and Blues Festival over the Easter Weekend, it is more a 'Drinkfest' for visitors to the town now (I'm showing my age), you would avoid town with small children due to the amount of drunks but on Easter Monday, The Residence Bar and Grill held a Family Fun Day with a bouncy castle, supplied by Letts Bounce, Hair and nail art, character appearances and of course facepainting. It was a busy affair and people had waited for an hour for their children's faces to be painted.

Being a presenter on 'Toddler Talk' I get to find out what activities are on offer in the area for children during the school holidays. Luke and his friends enjoyed activities at Nantwich Museum, Lego Club at Crewe Library and the Family Movie Event held at Malbank School. No wonder he didn't want to go back to school today!

No comments: